The Hansa 2.3 Wide seater is 2.3 metres long. It is easy to rig and easy to sail. The 2.3 can be sailed solo or as a two seater, suitable for two small adults or two children.
The 2.3 wide can be sailed sedately by two average sized adults or as a sporty little racer by a single sailor. As with the 2.3 Single, the sailor’s weight low in the boat enhances stability. With the Hansa 2.3 Wide’s narrower side decks the solo sailor needs to move their upper body weight to windward to keep the boat dry in breezy conditions.
With the simplicity of rig and steering, and security of ballasted centreboard and roller reefing, the Hansa 2.3 Wide is an ideal entry level craft for clubs and schools, and as a family fun boat it can be comfortably handled by two small children, an adult or child, or their grandparents.
Hansa 2.3 wide Features·
. Hull has positive buoyancy & heavily rockered for easy manoeuvrability.
· Strong construction with solid bonded hull to deck joins.
· With the seat keeping the sailor’s weight low plus ballasted centreboard, the boat is virtually uncapsizable.
· Reefed and un-reefed by a single hauling line.
· Mainsail controlled by a manual mainsheet.
· The high boom is well away from sailors head.
· The boat, mast and boom fit neatly and easily onto standard car roof bars.
· No hiking out necessary.
· Available in 10 different colours with a coloured flash on the sail for easily distinguishable fleet sailing
· Almost anyone can sail these boats because they are so simple and stable.
· Extremely comfortable, nimble and above all they are great fun.
· The Hansa 2.3 Wide is a World Sailing Class with regular National, Continental and World Championships