The 2.3 Single with its comfortable seat, joystick steering, single mainsheet control and amazing manoeuvrability has to be easiest boat in the world to sail. Add to that the wide side decks, ballasted centreboard and reef-able sail and it also has to be one of the safest.
What makes this little boat so unique is the confidence and sense of security it gives even the most unlikely new sailor. As it can also be fitted with Servo Assist electric controls it allows even those with a severe physical disability to also experience the joys of freedom on the water.
. Hull has positive buoyancy & heavily rockered for easy manoeuvrability.
· Strong construction with solid bonded hull to deck joins.
· With the seat low plus weighted centreboard, the boat is virtually uncapsizable.
· Reefed and un-reefed by a single hauling line.
· Mainsail controlled by a manual mainsheet.
· High boom is kept well away from sailor’s head.
· The boat, mast and boom fit neatly and easily onto standard car roof bars.
· No hiking out necessary.
· Available in 7 different colours with a coloured flash on the sail for easily distinguishable fleet sailing.
· So simple and stable almost anyone can use these boats.
· Extremely comfortable, nimble and above all great fun.
· The Hansa 2.3 is a World Sailing Class with regular National, Continental and World Championships