The SKUD 18 is a high performance lead-assisted skiff with a tube-launched, asymmetrical gennaker and a modern stayed rig. Active able-bodied and disabled sailors alike have enjoyed the two-person version since 2006. The exciting three-person development of the SKUD 18 is also now available.
The SKUD 18 platform can be sailed by two and three-person crews. In its open configuration, the crew are seated on the gunwale.? ?If one crew uses a centre-line seat then the other crew can use the trapeze. A wide range of additional equipment can also be added after control points to permit a sailor to compensate for any functional disability and enable the crew to maximise their collective potential.
- Affordable high performance sports boat
- Configured for two or three-person use by simply changing the bulb
- Lightweight construction ? 315 kg fully rigged including seating and accessories
- Unsinkable if holed or swamped
- Self-draining cockpit
- Twin canted rudders ? controllable even at high angles of heel
- Sailors with a limited mobility can compete on equal terms with able-bodied sailors
- Accessories include cockpit consoles, fixed and canting seats, push-pull and joystick helm systems, servo-electric helm and a variety of sheet and halyard winches
- Three SKUD 18s fit in a 20? container
- Second generation improvements include new GRP rudders, convenient keel bulb removal, extra secure keel lock-down, a strengthened gunwale and stronger composite mast
- ?Open National, Continental and International Championships are conducted by the Class Association.